JR Hokkaido Pass
JR Hokkaido Rail Pass holders may ride all JR Hokkaido trains within the valid period.
If you have a JR Hokkaido Rail Pas, you can ride All JR Hokkaido trains (excluding Hokkaido Shinkansen) and some designated JR buses within Hokkido.
This allows you to ride buses and trains without having to buy tickets each time, and you do not have to worry about language barriers.
※ To get more information. Please visit JR Hokkaido Rail Pass website operated by Hokkaido Railway Company.
Price of JR Hokkaido Rail Pass
|Type||Ordinary (coach class)
|3 days||3 days
|5 Days||5 Days
|7 Days<||7 Days<
How to obtain Japan Rail Pass
Present your Exchange Order and obtain your JAPAN RAIL PASS after you arrive in Japan.
You have to turn in your Exchange Order (with your passport) to receive your JAPAN RAIL PASS at a JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange office in a major JR station.
- You cannot use an Exchange Order when you travel on JR lines. Turn in your Exchange Order and obtain your Japan Rail Pass at one of
JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange offices.
(Please note the office hours and closing days)
- Your Exchange Order must be turned in for a Japan Rail Pass within three months of the date the Order was issued.
(for example, an Exchange Order issued on 15 April would have to be turned in by 14 July)
- At the time of the exchange you will be asked to fill in a short application form and to show your passport with the Temporary Visitor stamp that you received on entry into Japan. You must show your passport* and this stamp to process the Rail Pass Exchange Order.
- Without your passport, the pass exchange will not be made. (A photocopy of your passport is also not acceptable because you must show the "Temporary Visitor" stamp in it.)
- If you are a Japanese national resident in a country other than Japan and with permanent resident status in that country, please show, in addition to your passport, documents testifying to your status.
- The type of PASS described on the Exchange Order cannot be changed.
How to make seat reservations
After turning in your Exchange Order for a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you can make seat reservations at a "Midori-no-madoguchi" (ticket office).
- Please apply for reserved seat tickets at the JR ticket counter (Midori-no-madoguchi) or JR Travel Service Centre (Twinkle Plaza) in the major JR Hokkaido stations.
- You can get a reserved seat ticket for free of charge by telling a boarding date, name of the train and the section you take a train.
Online reservation (JR-EAST Train Reservation)
- Seat reservations can be made by using JR-EAST Train Reservation.
- Tickets reserved online should be collected before 9:00 p.m. of the day before you ride the train at a designated station or JR Travel Service Centre during office hours.
- As JR-EAST Train Reservation cannot be used if you plan to collect your tickets on the same day as you ride a train, please receive the reserved seat tickets by showing your Hokkaido Rail Pass at JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi).
- Seats for sightseeing trains and temporary trains cannot be reserved.